Lying Floor Leg RaiseDiamond Push-up
Single Leg Calf Raise
Exercise / Calves
How to perform the exercise
- All you need for the one leg standing calf raise is a block or step and something to help you keep your balance. It’s usually easiest to set the block up next to a wall or machine.
- Stand on the block with your left foot, the ball of your foot should be resting on the edge of the block.
- Hook your right ankle around your left ankle.
- Slowly let the heel drop as far as possible. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise the heel up as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the heel down.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Use the maxim rep range by letting the heel drop as far as possible and then raising it as high as possible.
- Pause and squeeze for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Don’t “rest” at the bottom of the movement by pausing. Once your heel is down as far as it will go, start the next rep.
- Keep the ball of your foot on the edge of the block/step. If you allow the balls of your feet to come in more, the exercise becomes easier.
- Focus on not allowing your knees to bend.